Blog #4 High Concept

High Concept


Concept

1. Emotion- determined, vengeful, angry
2. Color- Silver and black
3. Shape- skinny 
4. Texture- Metal
5. Speed- Fast
6.Size- Medium

Mind Map



The character is a fast-moving and vengeful thing because of a murderer who killed his family. It is fast because of his slender nature and is determined to get whoever killed his family. The thing is a silver metal looking item. 

Thumbnail Sketches

Flora



These are the thumbnails I made with the pictures above that I found for Flora.

Fauna



I created a black panther, black snake, and black bear thumbnail from the pictures above that I got from my black animal search.

Places



I used the keywords "spiky" and "building" as suggested in the reading. Also, I used it as places from my mind map, like the reading said we should.

People



I tried to make an angry thumbnail with different gestures to prove their emotions.

Clothing




I tried to think outside the box for clothing, so I went with katanas to help show anger and the same with the bandana. 

Speed



There are multiple items to show speed, so I wanted to use different items to do so.

New Information Learned

I have learned that making a mind map and a high concept help with brainstorming a design for a character and the items that go along with it. I think that this has helped me improve my drawing, and see the bigger picture to drawing, not just the straight forward drawing aspect. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 3-UI Elements

Assignment #1 Uncanny Game Characters