Forum 4
Forum 4
The idea for the Game
The idea of the game is that the player is hunting for sharks, but has a limited amount of air. The longer it takes the player to hunt sharks, the more the goggles fill with water and the bigger the bubbles get. The player gets a limited amount of harpoons to use to hunt the sharks.
7 Stages of Action
"In general, each stage of action requires its own special design strategies and, in turn, provides its own opportunity for disaster" (The Design of Everyday Things, by Don Norman, pg. 71). This was true for some of the stages for me, as I ran into some issues with things such as what it was that I wanted to accomplish.
1. What do I want to accomplish? I want to make a game that the player is constricted by the amount of oxygen they have, and they must hunt sharks at the same time, which adds more things to pay attention to. I also want there to be bubbles that pop up on the screen when they are running out of oxygen.
2. What are the alternative action sequences? The player must watch their harpoon count and oxygen, all while trying to take out the sharks in the water that are killing everything in the area.
3. What action can I do now? The player must take down the biggest shark, the one that is leading other sharks to go insane. The player can explore the coast off of South Carolina and can explore underwater caverns.
4. How do I do it? The vastness of the open waters helps the player to enjoy the scenery while exploring caves and trying to accomplish their objective.
5. What happened? The biggest shark has a family of five other sharks, but these are not ordinary sharks, these sharks have LASERS ON THEIR HEADS! The player is tired of all this chaos and must put an end to it.
6. What does it mean? If the sharks with lasers are not killed, everyone that swims on the east coast will be killed by these sharks, but people do not like the idea of killing an animal, but the player is willing to do whatever it takes to save countless lives even if it means giving up his own.
7. Is this okay? Have I accomplished my goal? I think that this game concept could work and could be enjoyable for players. I think that this works well as a concept, but it might not be easily put together.
Comments
Post a Comment