Feedback
Feedback
User interface elements
Diagetic
I added a menu that is in game, like a HUD, that keeps the player in the game when they press ESC to pause the game.
Non-Diagetic
For non-diagetic I added an ammo count that shows how much ammo is left out of the amount that the player started with.
Spatial
I added a message in the scene that the character is able to see in the game.
Audio
I made custom audio for the background music, ambient sounds, actuation buttons for the buttons throughout the game, and all of these provide some sort of feedback. An example of this is the clicking sound for a button when it is pressed. I also added audio feedback in the game for things such as when the tank moves, when the enemies fire their bombs, when the player gets hit, and other actor related sounds.
Visual
I created visual feedback through things such as ammo count and the player's opacity getting lower and having the tank fade to represent the health of the tank.
Full Health
Hurt (hit once/minus 25% opacity)
Problems (uploading)
When I uploaded to itch.io, I could not get the exit button to work because the code uses quit game in the code.
Link to the game
by Scott O'Neil
Comments
Post a Comment