LinkedIn: Internship and Entry-Level Job
LinkedIn: Internship and Entry-Level Job
Internship
Skills I have:
I am able to satisfy the requirements of Experience with a game editor, Technical Artistic Skills, and a Game Design Portfolio. I have experience with a game editor through classes with Professor Heagney and a class with Dr. Hall, and I have also used Unity on my own time. As far as technical artistic skills go, I took two classes with Professor Heagney that achieved these goals, character design, and graphic software packages. These classes worked with photoshop and I have also used photoshop on my own time in high school. Finally, I have a game design portfolio, which was required for one of the classes that I have taken.
Skills I need:
Game design portfolio. While I do have a game design portfolio, it is not the most extensive and does not contain my best works. I can improve this by adding more of my works and making even more stuff to put into the portfolio. I also need proficiency in object-oriented scripting and programming. I am not sure exactly how to go about doing this one, other than practicing on my own time with a game engine.
Entry-Level Job
Skills I have:
I have a deep interest and understanding of FPS games, as that is mostly what I play and research. My main franchise games are Battle Field and Call of Duty. I am very hard working and focused worker, once I have a task I stick to it and get it done. I like to have an organization when it comes to working and leave the disorganization at home.
Skills I need:
I need a proven track record of modern system design, which I could achieve through taking more classes and documenting the work from those classes. Have shipped one or more AAA titles in a game design role, I would obviously have to have done this through the industry and would not come from classes, maybe an internship could help with this one(not required). Prior leadership experience, I can get this by taking up a leadership role, maybe through game dev club or another club(not required). Object-oriented coding experience I can gain through working on my own in a game engine, as I said before(not required). Shipped AAA games using UE4 can be achieved through an internship maybe. Experience with expanding games through DLC could also be obtained through an internship (not required). Lastly, 3 or more years of game design experience could be obtained by working in the industry (not required).
Comments
Post a Comment